240g Chickpea Spaghetti
1-2 garlics, whole (1 large or 2 small)
2 Tbsp Avo/Coconut oil
4 cups (1kg) cherry tomatoes, halved
pinch of salt & pepper
1 Tbsp Avo/Coconut oil
1 Onion, diced
4 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
200ml Almond Milk
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1/4 tsp nutmeg
3 cups spinach, chopped
- Preheat the oven to grill at 200°C/400°F and line a tray with parchment paper.
- Take the whole garlic and slice off the head. Drizzle with a bit of oil and sprinkle some salt on top, then place the head back on and wrap each garlic in a small square of parchment paper and place on the tray.
- Place the tomatoes on the same tray, add oil and salt on top and combine. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes, taking out the tomatoes after 30 minutes.
- In the meantime heat the oil in a large pan on medium heat. Sauté the onion until golden, then add the apple cider vinegar and cook for 30 seconds. Add the almond milk and spices and let simmer for 3 minutes, then take off the heat.
- Cook your pasta al dente according to package instructions
- Squish the roasted garlics out of the bulb into a blender and add 1.5 cups of the roasted cherry tomatoes (with juice), as well as the cooked sauce. Blend for 30 seconds until smooth, adjust spices and then pour back into the pan over medium heat.
- Add in the spinach and let cook for another 1-2 minutes, then add in the remaining cherry tomatoes, as well as the cooked pasta and combine.