Homemade Pesto Sauce
- 1/2 Cups Fresh basil leaves packed
- 30ml Avo oil
- 15ml Lemon Juice
- 15ml Cashew/Almond nuts
- 1 Garlic cloves peeled
- 1ml Tsp Sea salt, or to your taste
- 1ml Tsp Freshly ground black pepper, or to your taste
- Heat a small frying pan on low heat
- Add in the nuts and cook until golden for about 3-4 minutes. Keep shaking the frying pan every couple of seconds to prevent the nuts from over-coloring and burning.
- Place all ingredients except avo oil into the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until chopped.
- Continue processing while gradually adding oil in a steady stream, stopping occasionally to scrape down the sides of the food processor.
- Transfer to a jar and keep refrigerated for up to 7 days or freeze for up to 3 months.