- 100g ground chicken breast
- 1/2 cup canned tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp onion chopped fine
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 Sliced Pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- Begin by making pizza sauce: Add 1 tbsp chicken broth, minced garlic and onions to a small pan and sauté until the garlic begins to brown.
- Add the canned tomatoes, basil, 1/4 tsp black pepper and 1/2 tsp salt to the pan. Bring to a boil.
- Boil for 3-5 minutes or until slightly thick. Remove from heat and puree. Set aside.
- Add 4 Tablespoons water to a large pan along with the onion slices. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally until the water has evaporated and the onions are beginning to brown on the bottom of the pan (about 8 minutes). Add another 4 tablespoons of water to the pan and let it cook off again, stirring occasionally. The onions should be nicely browned and caramelized.
- Add the mushrooms and 1/4 cup more water to the pan and sauté until all the liquid has been absorbed. Add salt to the mix and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix ground chicken and salt. Press chicken mix into an 20cm pizza pan. Cover with plastic wrap and press again or use a rolling pin to make the chicken as flat and even as possible. Remove the plastic wrap.
- Bake the chicken crust in a 200̊C oven for 20 minutes, chicken crust will begin to brown.
- Remove from the oven and spread pizza sauce over chicken crust, leaving ½ cm gap around the edges.
- Distribute the mushroom and onion mix evenly on top of sauce.
- Return the pizza to the oven for another 5 minutes. Remove and sprinkle with nutritional yeast, serve while hot!
1 Protein serving