- 980g boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 6 Cups of water
- 1/2 cup Home Made pesto
- 4 medium crisp zucchini, skin on
- 500g cherry tomatoes
- 1 fresh lemon, juiced
- 2 Tbsps. freshly chopped parsley
- 2 Tbsps. freshly chopped basil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a large stockpot, over medium-high heat, add in your chicken and the chicken broth that had been dissolved in the 6 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to LOW, and continue to simmer for about 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through, and very tender.
- Meanwhile, using a vegetable spiralizer, shred your zucchini into “noodles”.
- Once your chicken is cooked, remove it from the pot, and using 2 forks shred it into nice bite-sized pieces.
- Return the shredded chicken to your pot together with pesto sauce, zucchini noodles, and cherry tomatoes.
- Bring the soup back to a simmer and continue to cook for just about 5-6 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in fresh lemon juice, fresh herbs, and taste test, then season with sea salt and pepper to your preference.