- 8g Gelatin
- 170ml Cold water
- ½ Cup Sugar alternative
- 5ml Vanilla Essence
- 50g Desiccated coconut
- Before you start, ensure that you devote 20 minutes of your time to this recipe, it needs your full attention as the Gelatin sets very quickly.
- Prepare a 25x25cm square cake pan by lining with parchment paper. Set aside
- Place 90ml cold water Gelatin and leave to bloom
- In a small Saucepan add 80ml water and sugar alternative and boil over high heat. Bring to boil until consistency is sticky like.
- Add the Sugar mixture to the gelatin in a large mixing boil and mix till it has combined.
- Mix on high for 10-15 minutes, until the mixture is a glossy white color and has formed soft peaks
- Gently and quickly scoop the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth it out.
- Leave to set for 2 hours
- In the mean while you wait you can toast desiccated coconut an oven pan for 2-3 or till brown at 180 Celsius.
- Cut Marshmallow in block with a knife dipped in warm water as this will prevent the marshmallows from sticking to the knife.
- Roll marshmallows in toasted coconut till completely covered and store in an airtight container
3 Fat servings